Thank You to our 2016 Sponsors
The Kevin Ollie Golf Classic sponsors many programs and athletic events as part of our mission to promote sport for people with disabilities.
Our goal is to build one new Kevin’s Kourt every year in a community throughout Connecticut.
People with disabilities deserve the opportunity to participate in athletic and recreational activity, with all its health and emotional benefits. The Tournament raises money, increase public awareness, and educate sport and recreation professionals, all with the focus on this important goal of participation.
George McLaughlin Award
The Kevin Ollie Charity Golf Classic presents a significant award to a deserving athlete with a disability who aspires to become a competitor in the world of sport for persons with disabilities. The award is named in honor of George McLaughlin who lost his life on Sept. 11, 2001 at the World Trade Center. John Tartaglio (above) is our 2014 Award Winner and the first person without legs to compete and complete the NYC Marathon.
Proceeds have supported:
- Kevin’s Kourts “inclusive” basketball courts
- Recreation Programs of the CT Dept. of Developmental Services
- Ivan Lendl Junior Wheelchair Tennis and Sports Camp
- Miracle Field in West Hartford
- The First Tee of Connecticut
- Hospital for Special Care Sports Programs
- Friends of Camp Quinebaug
- Recreation Programs of MARC, Inc., MARCH, Inc., ARC of New London County, New Seasons, Inc., Tri-County ARC, Special Olympics of Colchester
- Ryan Martin Basketball