For 31 years, The Tournament has raised funds, increase public awareness, and educate sport and recreation professionals for athletes with disabilities.
With the $150,000 raised in 2017, the Tournament has donated more than $1.2 million. Today, the Kevin Ollie Charity Classic and its charity, 21st Century Tolland Fund reaches more than 22,000 in 22 statewide programs.
We are now building Kevin's Kourts, wheelchair inclusive basketball courts. By the end of 2017, Kevin's Kourts will be installed in West Hartford, South Windsor, Hartford and Waterbury. More are in the pipeline.
George McLaughlin Award
The Kevin Ollie Charity Golf Classic presents a significant award to a deserving athlete with a disability who aspires to become a competitor in the world of sport for persons with disabilities. The award is named in honor of George McLaughlin who lost his life on Sept. 11, 2001 at the World Trade Center. John Tartaglio (above) is our 2014 Award Winner and the first person without legs to compete and complete the NYC Marathon.
Proceeds have supported:
- Kevin’s Kourts “inclusive” basketball courts
- Recreation Programs of the CT Dept. of Developmental Services
- Ivan Lendl Junior Wheelchair Tennis and Sports Camp
- Miracle Field in West Hartford
- The First Tee of Connecticut
- Hospital for Special Care Sports Programs
- Friends of Camp Quinebaug
- Recreation Programs of MARC, Inc., MARCH, Inc., ARC of New London County, New Seasons, Inc., Tri-County ARC, Special Olympics of Colchester
- Ryan Martin Wheelchair Basketball Camps